Friday, July 4, 2008

Ugly Messages on Thinkpad Recovery


I have an IBM Thinkpad T60 that I got about 2 years ago and I just used the Recovery CD to get a clean environment. It reminded me of the errors that I got the last time I used the Recovery CD:

C:\temp\{36948~1 - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
Memory size: 526757888
Return code: 502
Winxp pro 512
The system cannot find the file specified.

Now, if a normal user sees those messages and the system waits on the screen, he or she would think the recovery did not work. I wonder why they don't just give me a regular Windows disk. If they do want to get stingy, they might as well give me Linux instead of Windows. The "No warranty on software" policy is just another reason why people resort to piracy - if they've paid for it, they might as well use it one way or another.

No comments: